MARCH 30, 2020
As we navigate our way forward through this challenging time, updates on carbon taxation and power market briefings will be focused on keeping you informed on important matters that directly impact your facility.
Our team is keeping well informed on all ongoing programs and will advise on any status updates in a timely manner as we are all adapting to the very fluid COVID-19 situation.
Regular market bulletins will resume at a later date.
Carbon Taxation and Emissions Reporting:
- The Federal Carbon Charge annual increase will be moving forward as scheduled – effective April 1, 2020.
- Natural Gas: 3.9100 cents/m3 (current) – 5.8700 cents/m3 (April 1, 2020).
- CRA taxation rate schedule covering all fuels – see attached.
- Ontario Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting – Third Party Verification/Audit Regulations – Revised.
o The clause that required third-party verification for facilities emitting 25,000 tCO2e or more has been revoked in a recent amendment of O. Reg. 390/18 effective for 2019 reporting year onward.
- Current rules under section 12 of O. Reg. 390/18, provide that verification is only required for facilities who have registered or are required to register into Ontario’s Emissions Performance Standards (EPS) program. Note that greenhouses are not subject to this program until further notice.
- Emissions reporting regulations in SWIM for all facilities emitting over 10,000 tCO2e remains status quo – June 1, 2020 deadline.
Power Market Updates:
- IESO Grid Innovation Fund Applications – New Intake Dates Announced.
- Starting March 31, 2020 until April 30, 2020, the Grid Innovation Fund is accepting new applications. A webinar is scheduled for April 3 to provide an overview of the process and requirements.
- For more information and registration details: Grid Innovation Fund
IESO update on the COVID-19 outbreak: Noticeable impact on energy demand in the province, which is now reflected in daily demand profiles.
- For complete article – Class A customers: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ieso/
- Several rate relief initiatives have been communicated over the past week. Programs are updated at a quick pace so I encourage you to review websites on a regular basis for ongoing programs that may affect you.
- Hydro One customers: https://www.hydroone.com/about/corporate-information/maintaining-operations?utm_source=rm_btn&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=customer_operations
Special message from the Sundara team – as we are all adapting to the very fluid COVID-19 situation, we are all rightly focused on the health and safety of families, friends and colleagues. At this time, as a supportive industry partner and part of your local community, I wish to extend and volunteer our full support throughout this crisis to assist as need be. If you require an additional pair for hands for assistance with supply deliveries or groceries to employees in need – please don’t hesitate to reach out at anytime – just give a call!
Thank you, take care!